Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Office

I have deprived you, dear reader, from seeing my office environment. So you don't have to go out and hurt yourself to see where I work, I will (virtually) invite you to my workplace:

A few details:
Van: Mercedes Sprinter 315
Emergency warning systems: AWS 1500 Series (I think) plus additional Code 3 LEDs
Some equipment:
  • Zoll M Series 3 lead ECG Monitor
  • Stifnek Cervical Collars (adult only)
  • Zoll Soft Collars (adult + paeds)
  • Carry Canvas
  • Ferno 50/50E stretchers
  • Sandbags
  • Cardboard Splints
  • Manual BP cuffs
  • Bags: Meds/Trauma/Airway/Oxygen.
The two seats on the left actually swivel and fold down, and thus can be used as an extra bed for lying people down (complete with harness). Good for country use with limited resources and mass casualty incidents. In the eastern states they have a little working table instead of the middle seat - probably a better idea.

These new vans are quickly outphasing the older Mark V vans - and so they should in my opinion. The new ones have a few good safety features (LED Lighting, day glo yellow livery, ESP, 6 airbags), and some thought has been put in to the back (more and bigger handrails to hold on to, more cupboards, all seats with 3-point seatbelts). The interior lighting is far superior. Plus there is a handy little table in the back in case you feel like a game of cards.

Best of all, I get to drive a mercedes for work.